Pages

Monday, May 8, 2017

how far along are you? 7 months...May 1, 2017...week 30

hello peeps!

this week i hit my 7 month mark. and nope i know it looks like it, but im not 7 months prego, just been in the south for 7 months. looks similar, i know i could see why you would think that but nope just officially been out here for  that long of a time! crazy huh? but im glad i got to spend it with homegirl sister winter! we celebrated by attempting to make cafe rio and peach cobbler. key word attempted. oh well its the thought that counts. 

got to support our homie from the courthouse. she was the falcon scholar from the university nearby and shes just the cutest thing ever! she put together this quilt show for her senior thingy mackgigger at the courthouse and it was the cutest thing of my life. props to cassie! gonna miss having her around!

go to meet the cutest little old lady named dot this week and unexpectedly had our first member present lesson of my time being here! yay! sister tilton lives in the same senior complex and came out to a swing on the swingy chair with us and got to teach Dot about the Book of Mormon. she was pretty receptive but yet kept asking us the same questions over and over so may be just a bit of memory loss but we will take what we can get!!

carried a buttload of food from the grocery store on our bikes and i will say if thats my one accomplishment out here ill take it! our backpacks were stuffed and had food on our handlebars hahah. all going up a slight hill too! rough day but we made it! 12 bottles of soda, a 4 lb. pork butt and all!

dropped my milkshake on the way home. funny feels like ive done this before.

had a potluck after church yesterday! blessings and so that totals up to 1 member meal for these past couple weeks. can i get a what what!

well not too much other than that and working at the courthouse! itll be a sad day when i have to say goodbye to that cute little courthouse but good thing thats not for a while!

something i came across this week in the book of mormon was something i much needed and i loved it so much i wanna share it with yall! its found in ether and it says:
"26 And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying: Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness; 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." i just loved that and hope that there something in those verses that you can love too!
hope yall are having a blessed week! 
love,
sister kennedy

























No comments:

Post a Comment