Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

goodbye a-city, it's been real...February 21, 2017...Week 20

well first things first! tomorrow i will sadly be leaving my dear alex city. i know sad day. but i will be headed up the road to Columbiana, AL with my new comp, are yall ready??? SISTER WINTER! AHHHH!!! (one of my favorite sisters I was with in the MTC at the very beginning in Utah) This next transfer is going to be awesome!!!! I'll let you know more about our assignment next week there! but anyways back to alex city!! so since both sister willy and I (yup i know both of us :( will be leaving, we took this last week to visit and teach everyone we wanted to one last time!! 

lets catch up on Shanay!! yall she picked a bap date for March 11th!! yay!!! and how did she tell us?? by coming to church!! like yes!! best Sunday EVER!!!!  she is so prepared and has worked hard to get to this point. her faith and the way she acts upon it is so inspiring to me every time we meet!!! I'm heartbroken that i won't be here to see her be baptized and see what this journey has been leading up to but i know that she will be left in good hands!

we got to spend a lot of time with Brenda this week as she is back home from her trip! yay!! i missed her! We played apples to apples (and we found a card that said baptism . Like what?? a sign?? what??) and had key lime cake! It was a great night!! i just love her so much and love her testimony of the Book of Mormon. She is still trying to connect the dots of what that means for her but i know when she does, I will somehow be there at her baptism! Whether in spirit or in person I will find a way!! haha

This past Saturday we taught a lesson in spanish to a part member family and it went so well!! We had our broken spanish and they had their broken english and their son Eddie translating a little here and there for us, because he's only 10 and has a harder time with the gospel lingo, and we got through a lesson! Although it was  a little hard at times, the spirit was so strong and you could not deny that what they were saying and what we were saying about how we feel about this knowledge about the gospel is so true! Ahh yall there is no boundaries for the Spirit and I am sooo grateful for that!!!
we got to see some of our favorite kids and ride bikes with them this past week! The more we rode, the more kids we got riding with us!! We were soon having races around the block and us two old peeps were the judges cause didn't feel like riding up the big hill towards the finish line! haha! and we looked soo cool as the only ones with helmets aww ya! especially when mine is two sizes too small and just sits on the top of my head! haha

Made prayer beads with Martha! That was fun!! and was able to say goodbye to Shell. These goodbyes yall are something else. im already over them and its only my first area. Also had the best time with the Glenn's yesterday making Cauliflower Tortillas (paleo) and then having dinner with the whole family! Ahh love those people sooo much!!! Alex City will be a hard place to leave but I cant wait to come back and show my family everyone that I love!!

Well I hope yall have a blessed week! That's all folks, one last time in Alex City.

Love,
Sister Kennedy






























1 comment:

  1. I love how the kids aren't wearing any helmets and the adults are! Oh no! I just sent Kaia a letter on Monday before I knew she had been transferred. Hopefully she got it in time! Haha! Thank you so much for keeping us posted with all of these posts/emails April and Kaia! I miss you Kaia so much! (And so does the rest of the Bruner family)

    - Dani

    ReplyDelete