Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

"all creatures of our God and King"...that's what i sing when i think of you!...February 13, 2017...Week 19

Hello Hello Hello!!

this week has been so good! First of all I'll start with yesterday because it was just full of miracles left and right!! So we went to church and we were expecting Shanay, our investigator that is praying about a baptism date, to come yesterday, finally after so long of trying! Well we waited outside our cute little church building and waited and waited, and she didn't come. It was quite sad having to sit in the pew by ourselves when out of the blue a member that we have been meeting with walked in through the door!! She hasn't been to church in over a year so to see her walk in the door was a miracle in itself! Sis Willy and I hopped up with the biggest smiles on our faces and ran across the walkway to sit with her! While Sacrament Meeting was getting started, a family with 5 kids walked in through the door that we have been trying to get back into church! AND THEN a brand new family with 4 kids walked in right after them!! I was scared we wouldn't have enough room in the chapel. hahah Everyone had to move around so we could all fit! Like what??? BEST feeling ever to have a full chapel!! Well turns out that family with the 4 kids are the Clarks, a family who moved into our area, but we had no way of contacting them. So for them to walk in was just ahhh! A miracle! And that day we had a linger longer and so both families were able to stay after wards and really get to know and bond with the branch members! Like it couldn't be more perfect!! AND THEN Shanay wanted to meet after church and so we did, and at that lesson she told us of how her prayer was answered when she attended her church, that it was okay to come to our church and to make that change. God is so good yall! He is so aware of us and the things that will truly bless us in our lives! She is still praying for a baptism date but has it down to 2 alternate dates. We are just so excited for her!!

This week we had interview with President in the most middle of nowhere town called Clanton. It was so nice and afterwards Sis Willy and I went to the cutest little Ice Cream place EVER! So apparently Clanton is known for it's peaches and yall we had the best ice cream ever!! Sis Willy had Peach Ice cream and I had an Peach Sundae with cream Cheese Ice Cream. Sounds like the weirdest junk but it was soooo good. trying to find any excuse to go back out to that middle of Nowhere town just to have that! hahah

I am truly gaining a testimony about planting seeds! Or in other words when Missionaries have contact with people and they don't know why but just feel good talking to them, but they can't put their finger on it until later, when we teach them about the Restoration.( Did that make sense?? oh well) well we were tracting the other day and a lady let us right in to have her husband come out and talk about how "the boys" aka the elders used to play basketball. they never pushed religion on him too much but just enough to plant that seed. Well we were able to have a great discussion and teach his whole family about the BOM! i can't wait to go back there and teach them about how this gospel can truly bless their lives!! All because they used to play basketball with him!

Well folks, i have big news! I chopped off all my hair! jusst kidding but actually Sis Willy did! Brave soul that one is! But funny story about it! It was long enough to donate and so the lady asked us if we would like to and sis willy said yes. Well the lady put it on the counter and continued to do her hair. Well at the end, for some reason she thought we would want to send it in personally and so as we were leaving, she handed us a sticky note with an address on it and the ponytail of cut off hair. Not in a zip lock bag or anything just this chunk of hair! Well we had somewhere to be afterwards and couldn't bring it home and so we put it in our cup holder in our car. And we have just been so busy that it is still there at this moment. Okay next thing! hahah

well we've started collecting funny quotes from the week and so here are some of the following:

- Sis Willy singing/ talking to me, "All creatures of of God and King.... /that's what a sing when i think of you." hahah

- The Hills E:" I knew this lady once ...and she was very nice and........." B:" Was that all??" E:" Yup that was my story" B: "That was a great Story honey."

- talking about missionary work in sunday school - Sis Willy "Is it appropriate to fist pump in Sunday School? Cause I've done it about 3 times now"

Coolest thing of the Week:
Played Capture the Flag for our Zone Activity... in a BAMBOO FORREST! like how cool is that! Man I love it here! P.s. the girls won, probs casue we dressed super cool and coordinated in wearing all black!

Scripture of the Week:
It's taken from Alma, a prophet who was also a missionary spreading the gospel and bringing others closer to Christ throughout the land and he says: 
35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name. 
 36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.
 37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

And I just want to add my testimony to that as well. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ can truly bring us joy, especially sharing it with others. We have this great knowledge of the goodness of God, so why not share it with others? I am grateful for every single day on my mission to have this opportunity to do so. 

Well that's all i have for today, trying to think of all the funny moments ive had with sis willy but my mind is dumb and cant remember all of them! hopefully next week i'll be better! I hope yall have a blessed week!

Love,
sister kennedy



Best peach ice cream ever!


Sister Willy and her peach ice cream cone and cute new haircut! 



This is our chapel in Alex City where we meet on Sundays and the seminary students meet before school each morning. 


Pretty sunset.


Still trying to eat healthy!


National Pizza Day! hahaha


Zone Activity in the bamboo forest!


Only in the South! Love this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment