Pages

Friday, February 10, 2017

i had a pet squirrel...February 6, 2017...week 18

Well Folks! 

This week was a fun one! Let's just start off by saying that we went to a bible study at a baptist church this week! They were very kind and welcoming but I'm a little nervous the lady that brought us is actually trying to convert us haha! but when she introduced us she said we were from the Church of Christ and Sis Willy and I both didnt say anything but just straight faced shook our heads no (cause you know felt a little uncomfortable anyways). And so when she saw that she was like "the Mormon Church" and everyone went ohhhh and we were just like yup, that just happened. But we had a very nice time and the sermon was very nice. 

We have been teaching a couple of girls our age and they are doing so well!! loving the book of mormon and it's precepts or principles i guess! i love in the introduction Joseph Smith says,  “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.” And I just love that!! How True is that statement! I see it in use every time I read, every time I see others reading and APPLYING it in their lives!! Ahhh the BOM is just so great yall!!

did yall know it was groundhog day this past week?? cause we didn't! but while we were at the Hills home we found out and so like any other person we asked! Is it gonna stay winter or be spring? To which Bill responded, "honey dont listen to that lame oversized rat! look at your calendar! That had us dying as always!!

we had zone conference this past week and it was so good! i love our mission president and his wife! They are just so real and are such great leaders and i love being on of their missionaries! Sis Willy and I actually performed and sang the same song we sang on sunday! killed 2 birds with 1 stone i guess! haha so that was nice! and plus we won cleanest car!! so got some cool prizes all because we through everything in our back trunk into 3 huge boxes and closed them! if only they looked in those boxes!

Found the best taco place in the South the other day while we were in Birmingham! I felt a little too lame to be there. you know what i mean? like your just not cool enough to be in that place? well thats how we felt! So we just pretended we were rockstars and ate these awesome tacos and enjoyed every second of it cause lets be real, you arent finding the most authentic mexican food around here. SO that was nice!!

okay are yall ready for this one?? we visited Gene and Marianne again and he graced us with the following story! Looks us dead in the eye is quiet for a bit and then says, " I had a pet squirrel. I kept in my pocket. I would feed him peanuts and just put them in my pocket and he would eat them." at this point I already have tears rolling down my face, trying to drink the soda to cover ups my laughs. "One day I forgot i put matches in my pocket and i look down and i saw smoke. My pet squirrel had eatin the top of the match and struck. that pet squirrel ran up my shoulder and its whiskers had burned off." He then proceeded to show us which ones on his face. Yall these are the best moments of my life right here!!!

Met this dude and he told us about this vision he had where in the midst of him laying on the ground, having this vision, "an owl as big as that trashcan *points to the garbage can on the side of the road* flew down, looked at me and then flew away. Im not kidding yall, it was the owl of OWLS" his then friend then started nodding his head while saying "yup thats true" true story.

Sis Willy and i found these awesome onsies at walmart for 5 bucks! So of course we got them!! she got a panda one and i got an Eeyore one! i swear yall we wear them every chance we get! Get up in the morning, put on the onesie. Come home for the night, put on our onesies. Come home for 30 min for lunch, put on our onesies. Yall they have hoods and everything!! Were in Love!!

Best Signs Of the Week on the side of the road:

One Call Yall! (for an attorney)

Come Worship! *new screen appears* JESUS. (like okay will do thank you for that gentle reminder)
FALL.... in love with Jesus (uhhh okay?? that one was weird...like sentence structure and even the sentence and all)

We've been asked to memorize scriptures and this is the one im working on~ In 2 Nephi 27:23 - For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.

In the bible dictionary it says "Miracles should not be regarded as deviations from the ordinary course of nature so much as manifestations of divine or spiritual power." Miracles are supposed to be hoped for. They are something when acting upon our faith, should be watched for. That is something Sis Willy and I are trying to do. At the end of the day we ask each other, "What's a miracle you've seen today?" I invite yall to do the same and then thank our Heavenly father for giving us that miracle! I know that as we do see and increase our faith in miracles, He will be happy to give us more and more! 

I love yall and hope that yall have a blessed and miracle filled week!

love
sis ken




Zone Conference


Our Onesies




Best Mexican Restaurant


My companion Sister Willy and dessert



No comments:

Post a Comment