Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

They go back to Jesus....Week 6....November 14, 2016

Hello Outside world!!

Let's start with Techel'le!! She came to church!! Yay!! and she couldn't stop smiling the whole time!! At the end of church she said, "I just feel that it is so true. Now I know it is true and this is the place I'm suppose to be!." Like come on! Such a good moment!! Literally watching a testimony grow right before my eyes! Almost started to cry! But really helping people come closer to Christ is so special, I love it!!!! 

There seems to be a problem WITH HE BAPTISM DATE among the members. Ugh. We've picked the day of the Iron Bowl, a.k.a. Auburn plays against Bama. So everyone is dragging their feet that it better not take place during the game. Honestly only in the south!!! So we're planning on having it in the morning so hopefully people can make it! Fingers Crossed!!!

Cutest thing ever happened this week!! We were walking out of a 'gators house and these two little girls, who we've never met before, come sprinting at us and gave us the biggest hugs!! Turns out one of them was Trinity, Techel'le's niece! Her and her friend, Charity, then proceeded to show us cheers and gymnastic moves. So cute!! Trinity talked the whole time and told Charity how we talk to EVERYONE! and then when we told them we had to go, Charity asked, "Where do y'all go?" Before we could respond, Trinity jumped in and said, "They go back to Jesus" Like aww my heart melted and no joke almost started to ugly cry at how cute it was!!! WE were just like, "you're right we do go back to Jesus!!" SO cute! I will never get over that moment!!

Went tot he Smiths house for correlation meeting, and again WAS FED A 3 COURSE MEAL!  Man I will never not be surprised going to their house! I love those folks so much! they are our home and family in Bama!! Also, Brother Smith has found out that i love spicy food and now has made a plate full of homemade jalepenos poppers every correlation!! #blessed! And then he also got this hot sauce thats insane that he wanted me to try. It's called Dave's Insanity (shout out to dad) and so i tried one little drop on a cracker and I wasn't crying, there was just water in my eyes. So then Bro Smith tried some too and he had streams coming out his eyes. Weird!!! hahaha

Sistah Terry has told me how people whether they realize it or not, recognize us as representatives of Christ and will tell us things they've never told anyone before. And it happened this week. You could just tell that she (a lady) just felt instantly comfortable with us, 2 girls she just met, and told us her whole life story. Something she hasn't shared with anyone before. In that moment I truly felt like a Representative of Christ and it was a great and beautiful moment!

Funny Story Time!!

Every time, before we go see someone, we will pray in the car (because we pray like 10 million times a day! I love it! And im not even being sarcastic!) but ya so we were praying in the car in Brenda's driveway, and towards the end, I just felt like someone was watching me and we end the prayer and little did we know Brenda had pulled up beside us in her car, leaning out of her window, just inches away from mine with this huge grin on her face! Scared us half to death! Sistah Terry and I have agreed that there was definitely scary music playing in the background. You just could barely hear it due to my screaming hahahah Good times!

Saw a chopped off braided weave on the side of the road, while hearing gunshots. #onlyinalexcity.

Was getting ice cream from sonic and pulled in the spot right outside of the bathroom when the door opened and for some people to go in the 1 person bathroom, a girl sitting ON THE TOILET leaned out to stick her head and look outside and made eye contact with both myself and sistah terry. like what?! ahahah still can't believe that happened. #wouldyouliketolearnaboutthegospel???

This week I have really relied on faith and prayer and how they work hand in hand. i've noticed how differently i pray when im going through something than when I'm not and it reminded me of Luke 22:44 when it talks about the Savior praying in the Garden of Gethsemane. It says, "And being in an agony, he prayed more earnestly," Even Jesus Christ himself, prayed more earnestly when he found himself in agony. How often do we do that? Pray earnestly when we are going through a hard time? And that is okay! But I invite you to, alongside myself, pray more earnestly all the time. Because prayer is such a simple way to show our faith, and to remind us how simple yet amazing faith can be. I remembered this quote Sister Gilbert and I found while at the MTC. It says, " Jesus answered, “If ye have faith as grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove” (Matthew 17:20). have never witnessed the removal of an actual mountain. But because of faith have seen mountain of doubt and despair removed and replaced with hope and optimism.Because of faith have personally witnessed mountain of sin replaced with repentance and forgiveness. And because of faith have personally witnessed mountain of pain replaced with peace, hope, and gratitude. Yes,have seen mountains removed." How amazing is this quote by Richard C. Edgley?? So good! I love it! So I just invite y'all to pray a little more earnestly, to show that faith, and I promise you will see blessings in your life come left and right!! Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you and want the best for you. They have their hands reaching down to you, all you have to do is reach up and they will be there.

I love and miss y'all so much and hope y'all have a blessed week!!

love always,
sister kennedy




the word "church" is used slang in our family for "true" 
so if someone says something we agree with or believe in we just respond with "church!" 
so funny she found this sign!



same dinner....different night! life of a missionary on a tight budget.


three course dinner at the Smith's home


dessert and hot sauce!




No comments:

Post a Comment